Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Utah is a very...unique...place.  It's especially "unique" if you're thirty one years old, divorced, and have three young children.  I belong to a very small club (I'm not even sure who the other members are). This 30 something, divorced, single parent in Utah club is pretty exclusive and ultra cool. Our motto is, "Don't be mean because that person probably has some hard trial going on and it's really taking a toll on their happiness and general enjoyment of life."  Or something like that.  Maybe I'll decide on something shorter and more catchy.   

Now back to fitting in.  I often find myself wondering, "where the he%# do I fit in?"  And then I realize I'm asking myself that question and that I shouldn't l i t e r a l l y answer my own self and that spirals into the thought that maybe this is why I don't fit in. ;)

To be bluntly honest, I don't really fit in anywhere. Most of my friends and family my age, or close to my age, are married.  I have a few friends that are my age and don't have kids.  I love them but I am not available a lot, so it's hard to connect as much as I'd like. No one is mean to me, not at all. No one excludes me on purpose. People in my life have been genuinely sweet and non-judgmental and lovely and thank you to all of you.  I love you.

Everyone has something in their life that they feel no one can truly understand.  I hope we can all be more kind to one another and realize that no one is perfect.  There are probably a lot of people who feel just like you, but are good at hiding it.  Let's all trudge through this life together, arm in arm, because when you have someone to lean on, life ain't so bad at all. In fact, it can be really sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment